Friday, June 15, 2007

FLAT- IRON BUILDING



Today we are writing about the Flat Iron building. The flat Iron building was constructed in the year of 1903. The architect the people who build/ thought of it is Daniel Burnham and John Wellborn Root. This building is very tall. Basically you can say its one of the tallest buildings in new York. Its 285 feet tall and it has 22 floors. This is building haves a very unique stlye its Beaux Arts. This building is very famous. This is the first and only flat building. The flat iron stands up very strong and the color is a calmful gray. Its exactly made of steel skeleton, limestone and glazed terra-cotta. The building haves repeated shapes. Basically its retangled windows. It also haves famous people pictures on the building. On the top of the building its a steel picture of a lion and two people beside it. When we first saw this building our reactions was wow. If I can change something I would change the color the hot pink and yellow so that it can stands out more then what it does. I would also change the apperance. For Example: I would have security at the door to take the people where they need to be so there will not be anyone and anything that will be in th Flat Iron building. What i do like about the building is the shape.

No comments: